A Brief History of
Delta Tau Lambda Chapter
Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
In the late 1940s seven men who had attended college in different states across the USA and had become members of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc there, relocated to Arizona. Those men are Albrey C. Aldridge, Elmer Carrier, Harry F. Edwards, Curtis O. Greenfield, Jefferson Eugene Grigsby, Morgan Maxwell, and W. A. Robinson. On December 3, 1949 these seven men chartered Delta Tau Lambda Chapter seated in Phoenix and Tucson, Arizona, becoming the 207th Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
In 1961 Delta Tau Lambda had grown such that the brothers in Tucson decided to charter another alumni chapter, Eta Psi Lambda seated in Tucson Arizona. The brothers of Delta Tau Lambda was also instrumental in the chartering of Mu Eta Chapter on the campus of Arizona State University in 1976
In addition to executing our national community service programs Delta Tau Lambda Chapter has initiated highly successful local programs. In the 1980’s the chapter started a Youth Oratorical Contest as well as a scholarship. The Chapter also initiated "Men of Color Conferences"� in the 1990s, and made inroads into to the corporate mega structure of Phoenix. Now, the Chapter is sponsoring the Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Brunch which provides thousands of dollars to deserving college students each year.
Throughout the years Delta Tau Lambda Chapter members have been a collection of great men from many fields: Education, Medicine, Military, Sports, Law, and Engineering just to name a few.